Feijoa & Macha Panna Cotta
Feijoa & Matcha Panna Cotta
Yields 6 120ml serves
- 1 1/2 (375 ml) cup full cream milk
- 1 1/2 (375 ml) full cream
- 3 1/2 teaspoons gelatine powder (we used Great Lakes Grass feed gelatine)
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder (used mainly for colour so you could omit if you wish)
- 6 - 8 teaspoons Heathers Feijoa Powder
- 1/3 cup (70 g) caster sugar
- Lightly grease using a neutral oil your chosen ramekin or mould. We used 6 120ml silicon dariole moulds.
- Pour 1/2 a cup of the milk into a small bowl and add the gelatine powder. Whisk and allow to sit and “bloom” for 5 minutes.
- Add to the gelatine/milk mixture the matcha and feijoa powders, whisk well to form a paste.
- Pour the remain measure of milk, cream and sugar into a medium saucepan.
- Gently heat until the sugar has dissolved and steam is beginning to waft up - avoid boiling.
- Remove from the heat and pour roughly a cup of the heated milk into gelatine mixture and whisk well until fully incorporated, then add the remaining warm milk and whisk again.
- Pour the mixture through a fine sieve and fill the prepared moulds.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- To release the panna cotta from the mould, run a knife around the top edge to release the suction and turn out onto your serving dish.
- Serve with crushed Heathers Freeze Dried Feijoa wedges to garnish.