Feijoa & Matcha Panna Cotta
Yields 6 120ml serves
1 1/2 (375 ml) cup full cream milk
1 1/2 (375 ml) full cream
3 1/2 teaspoons gelatine powder (we used Great Lakes Grass feed gelatine)
2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder (used mainly for colour so you could omit if you wish)
6 - 8 teaspoons Heathers Feijoa Powder
1/3 cup (70 g) caster sugar
Heathers Freeze Dried Feijoa Wedges to garnish
1. Lightly grease using a neutral oil your chosen ramekin or mould. We used 6 120ml silicon dariole moulds.
2. Pour 1/2 a cup of the milk into a small bowl and add the gelatine powder. Whisk and allow to sit and “bloom” for 5 minutes.
3. Add to the gelatine/milk mixture the matcha and feijoa powders, whisk well to form a paste.
4. Pour the remain measure of milk, cream and sugar into a medium saucepan.
5. Gently heat until the sugar has dissolved and steam is beginning to waft up - avoid boiling.
6. Remove from the heat and pour roughly a cup of the heated milk into gelatine mixture and whisk well until fully incorporated, then add the remaining warm milk and whisk again.
7. Pour the mixture through a fine sieve and fill the prepared moulds.
8. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
9. To release the panna cotta from the mould, run a knife around the top edge to release the suction and turn out onto your serving dish.
10. Serve with crushed Heathers Freeze Dried Feijoa wedges to garnish.